The Arrabalbelongs to the Jewish quarter situated at the "Calle do Burato"
Street, the old prision and "Fornos". Together with Ribadavia,
it formed one of the main Jewish Communities on Galician ground.
• The house of the Count of Lemos
Today, at the place of the house of the Count of Lemos there is a noble mansion of the 18th century.
The main door dating back to the XVI century might have been from the original house.
In 1672 the house of the Count of Lemos burnt down and a valuable collection of Tizianos,
Rafaels, El Grecos disappeared.
• Monastery of San Vicente do Pino
The Monastery of San Vicente do Pino has been belonging to the Benedictine Order since
the XI century.The church's façade is of renaissance style (XVI century) and the monastery
is of the XVII century showing a very classical line.
• College of Nuestra Señora de la Antigua
Built in the style of the architect Herrera, it was started in 1593 and finished by the
"Escolapios" after having sold the painting "Adoration of the Magi"
by Hugo de Van der Goes, Flamish painter of the XV century. At the museum can be seen two El Greco paintings
-"San Lorenzo" and "San Francisco" and five Andrea Sarto paintings.
Other points of interest: Convent of the
"Franciscanas descalzas", the old bridge and the Covent of San Jacinto.
The monastery of Santa María de Ferreira de Pantón is still run by Cistercian nuns.
It dates back to the X century. The church is of Romanesque style with one main
oblong nave and a semi-circular apse. The present monastery dates back to the
XVIII century and the cloister to the XVI century.
• San Miguel de Eiré –
A Cova (Ribas de Miño)
On the old road from Ferreira de Pantón to Escairón one can see the church of
San Miguel de Eiré which belonged to a disappeared Benedictine Covent.
Inside the church there is a very valuable window with a horseshoe arch
linked to the Visigothic Art.
At Ribas do Miño we can visit the church of San Martiño de A Cova.
But before it is highly recommended to take the path to the viewpoint of "A Cova"
offering a spectacular view of this part of the river Miño called
"O Cabo do Mundo".
• Diomondi - San Esteban de Ribas de
The church of Diomondi is of Romanesque style and has an oblong apse.
The main facade's door shows a semicircular arch with four archivolts
supported by one-piece marble shafts.
San Esteban de Ribas de Miño: a real jewel of the Galician Romanesque
style of the last period of the XII century. One single oblong nave finished by a semicircular apse.
The church is situated in a beautiful landscape.
• Visit to a wine cellar
(Vía Romana) and way back by Belesar – Os Peares
After visiting San Esteban de Ribas de Miño take the direction of Chantada and just before
crossing the viaduct, take the detour on your left in direction of the village of Belesar.
At Belesar cross the bridge and continue 1,9km up to the wine cellar Vía Romana. After
the visit continue on the road close to the river Miño in direction of Os Peares passing
the villages of Nogueira, Herbedeiro and Chouzan surrounded by an amazing landscape.